Thanks again for your interest in one of our previous or future events. This is our monthly newsletter to keep you updated on events in Middle Tennessee that will get your kids active. We hope to see you out on the Greenway, at one of our events, or at a future clinic, but, most importanly, we hope you and your child are ready to be active.
100% Challenge is Underway
The 100% Challenge started on February 1st and is well underway, BUT it is not too late to start. Our first celebration of reaching a milestone is at the Try Boro 2.5/5K run on May 11th. The milestone is 50%, but regardless of the percentage, we want to see your child's progress. It is never too late to start.
What is the Try Boro 100% Challenge?
To learn more about the 100% Challenge and download an activity log sheet and map go to www.tryborokidstri.org/try-boro-100.
Runner's Night Out: Keeping Kids Active
Adults may run or walk 1-4 miles on the well-lit Gateway Trail while kids ages 5 – 14 are led in fun activities at the General Bragg Trailhead. First 50 kids will receive an "Athlete in Training" t-shirt.
Activities for kids will include:
- Instructional Fitness and Warmup
- Try Boro Challenge
- Fun and Games!
Thursdays, March 29 - May 3
6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Meet at General Bragg Trailhead - FREE!
Kids, parents, siblings are all welcome.
Try Boro Kids Race Series Events for 2012
2nd Annual Try Boro 2.5K/5K Kids Run
(Friday, May 11th at 6:30PM)
- Registration is now open
- Pick either the 2.5K (1.55 mile) or 5K (3.1 mile) race
- $10 early registration until 4/11
- Parents are welcome to join them for only $5.
- All kids will receive race shirts
- All kids will receive a finisher medal
- Top 3 in each age group will be awarded
- To find out more information and to register, please visit www.tryborokidstri.org/try-boro-25k5k-run.
4th Annual Try Boro Kids Triathlon
(Saturday, August 25th at 7:00AM)
This event will again be held at Sports*Com in Murfreesboro, TN. The event will offer:
- Registration will open on April 1st.
- Junior Division: 7 to 10 years old as of 12/31/2012
- Swim 100 yards, bike 2.4 miles, and a finish with a 0.5 mile run.
- Senior Division: 11 - 14 years old as of 12/31/2012
- Swim 100 yards, bike 4.8 miles, and finish with a 1 mile run.
- The bike and run routes for each division will be on the Sports*Com premises, and will be free of vehicle traffic.
- All participants will be professionally timed and receive a finisher medal and a shirt.
- The cost is $25 until to July 25th and $30 up until August 21th. Similar to our other events, there will be a cap on the number of participants.
- The first three years of the event sold out more than one month in advance. To find out more information and to register, please visit www.tryborokidstri.org/try-boro-kids-triathlon.
Inaugural Try Boro Kids Trail Run
We are looking forward to seeing you this year at our events. Thanks again for past participation, and please visit our website for details on clinics and training activities.
Try Boro Kids Race Series
| Keep up to date
| Join our Facebook Page
Follow updates on Twitter
|Other Kid Friendly Events