New International Students Arrive Fall 2014

International Student Services welcomed a record number of new international students from around the world. More than 500 new international students participated in the quarterly Welcome Orientation Week, which brought us to a total of over 1,500 registered international students. During that week, students learned about resources and rules on campus, enrolled in classes and visited downtown Seattle.


Employees of the Month

ISS was recognized for the month of January by the Employee Recognition Committee, comprised of eight members and led by Kendra Wanzenried. "The hard work and dedication of this group has kept EdCC in the top 40 most internationally populated community colleges in the nation for over 15 years," said Christina Castorena, VP of Student Services.


Northwest Community College Initiative (NWCCI) Alumnus Wins Grant

Edmonds Community College and Northwest Community College Initiative (NWCCI) program alumnus Benjamin Kanligi was recently awarded a prestigious grant offered by the U.S. Department of State Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund (AEIF). Kanligi's project, "Techie Skills", is a community service project designed to provide young people in communities in the city of Wa — the upper West region of northern Ghana — opportunities to develop information and computer technology skills.

For more information, check out the full press release here.


Partnership with Tsinghua University

Edmonds Community College is proud to be one of three community colleges in Washington State to have established a partnership with  Tsinghua University, the most prestigious university in China. Select students from Tsinghua will attend EdCC to pursue high school diplomas thru the  High School Completion Program and Associate Degrees, with the intention of transferring to four-year universities upon completion of their degree.

International Assistant Program

Each quarter, dozens of students apply to be student leaders during Welcome Orientation Week (WOW). Only a portion of those that apply are selected. These volunteers help new students adjust to Edmonds CC and the local area, help guide students around campus, and assist staff in a variety of areas. WOW would not be possible without them and ISS is very grateful for their help. 


International Students visit WWU

Last quarter, ISS coordinated a campus visit for our international students to Western Washington University. They were accompanied by EdCC advisors Mandy Mino-Cuasay and Elizabeth Lyon, who specialize in advising international students in successfully transferring to four-year universities.


International Transfer Fair Held

International recruiters and advisors from 60 universities visited Edmonds Community College on Monday, January 26th to meet with students interested in transfer opportunities. This event is part of a week-long series held on community college campuses across the greater Seattle area.

In addition to perennial favorites like the University of Washington, the University of California-Irvine and Indiana University, a number of new schools will be attending.  Linfield College (Oregon) and Seattle Film Institute (Washington) are among those visiting EdCC for the very first time.

Recent data show that 90% of our international students who graduate from EdCC do transfer to a university. Of those transferring, 23 % transfer within the state of Washington and the remaining 77% transfer to schools across the United States and beyond.

ISS | About us | Catalog/Programs

College Resources | Class Schedule | Take a Class


20000 68th Ave W, Lynnwood, WA, 98036


Unsubscribe