View this email in your browser
You are receiving this email because of your relationship with TownHall Software, Inc.. Please reconfirm your interest in receiving emails from us. If you do not wish to receive any more emails, you can unsubscribe here.
Reissuing a Payroll Check
One things we get asked a lot is what to do when an employee loses a payroll check and it needs to be reissued. So we'll give you the rundown on how to do that. And in the process you'll learn what to do if you just make a mistake and end up with a duplicate paycheck.
The first thing you need to do is locate the payroll record for the check that needs to be reissued (or just deleted if an accidental duplicate). To do that, chose the payroll tab in the main menu and then press the List of Employees Button.

You need to highlight the employee and then chose the History Tab on the right and select the appropriate payroll record. You may need to use the Selection Tab to adjust the parameters to find the right payroll record. Once you have located the record make sure you record the necessary detail to create it if you need to reissue a check. If it is a duplicate make sure you are selecting the correct payroll transaction for deletion.

If you are reissuing a check, you may use all the detail of the original payroll except for the check number and possibly the date if you are beyond the bank's limitation for honoring the check (i.e. 90 days after the check date).

We strongly encourage when reissuing a check that you use the same date as the original payroll if at all possible. This will help keep your records straight for things like the 941 filing or the Form C/CT.

Once you have the proper record selected, you will want to hit the F7 key or the Function (FN) and F7 key together. This will add a delete option to your tabs on the right side. Press the delete tab.

Verify that the details are the correct ones and then select the button that says "Delete this Payroll History Record." The program will automatically generate a back up and then it will give you a verification message for every record that has been deleted. Then if you need to reissue a check, you can create a new payroll batch and use the same details (except for check number) so there is a replacement record.

If you have any questions about this process, feel free to call 800.528.9086 or email us at

Google Plus
This message was sent to by
10065N Raven Road, Hayward, WI, 54843

Unsubscribe from all mailings Unsubscribe | Manage Subscription | Forward Email | Report Abuse