Today marks the launch of the
2018 Engage West! Survey
February 26
5th Annual Engage West! Employee Engagement Survey launches

March 2
Salary Administration Policy Town Hall,
Campus Center Ballroom 108.3,
8:30 a.m.
March 2
Online Faculty Development: Kickstart Your Summer Online Course, Click here to register.

March 8

Salary Administration Policy Town Hall,
Campus Center Ballroom 108.3, 
2:30 p.m.
All events should be submitted to the official university Events Calendar.
Tree removal efforts have begun in the wooded construction area between the Honors House and the Alumni House in preparation for the future Student Health Center. As always in a construction area, pay close attention to your surroundings.

During the week of February 26, the Center for Business Excellence will offer ADP Manager and Department Approver training. Please log into DevelopWest to register.

Work West Wednesday T-shirt order deadline
The Staff Advisory Council (SAC) has worked to create an opportunity for staff members to show their Work West pride by wearing a specially designed T-shirt on the first Wednesday of each month. The shirts, available in short and long sleeves, are a vintage red color and made from a signature-blended style that is super-soft. Sizes tend to run smaller than other shirts. Proceeds will fund SAC initiatives, like the book scholarship program. Shirts are available for a limited time, so don't miss your opportunity to dress down an extra day. Order online at the UWG bookstore by March 1. For any other questions, please contact SAC.

Save the Date: IT Forum 2018
The University of West Georgia’s Department of Educational Technology and Foundations (ETF), in collaboration with the Georgia Association for Instructional Technology (GAIT), will host the First Annual Instructional Technology (IT) Forum. The IT Forum is a one-day professional development program for Pre-K-12 teachers, school library media and instructional technology specialists, administrators and staff as well as scholars and practitioners from diverse settings. The event will take place at UWG on Saturday,
March 24. For more information and to register, visit the IT Forum 2018 website.

PreK Drawing
Registration for the 2018-19 Pre-K school year is open through March 1. A lottery drawing will be held on Friday, March 2. To register your child for the drawing, please download the registration form on the Pre-K website and forward it to the Pre-K department via email or campus mail.

CVS Pharmacy Update
Beginning March 1, 2018, the amount of opioid medication your prescription benefit plan will cover is changing. These limits will be communicated to you individually through personal letter from CVS Caremark. Let your doctor know there are new limits to the amount of your medication your plan will cover. You are encouraged to talk to your doctor about this change to your prescription benefit plan. If you have questions about your plan benefits, please visit or call the customer care number on the back of your member ID card.

Salary Administration 
The Board of Regents (BOR) has approved a policy governing the administration of salary/compensation. In short, the policy requires the approval of the chancellor when the total of all pay increases in a fiscal year are greater than the threshold specified by the BOR. The threshold is determined each year by adding 10 percent to the maximum annual merit specified by the BOR.  For example, if the maximum merit is 3 percent, the cumulative threshold will equal 13 percent; therefore, pay increases totaling 13 percent or more would require the chancellor’s approval. For more information on the policy, please attend one of the townhall meetings listed above in important dates and deadlines.

The Work West Bulletin

The Work West Bulletin will provide you with the information you need to get through your work week. This bulletin is a visually interactive way to share important dates, deadlines, policy changes, and training information all in one place. The Work West Bulletin will be published weekly on Mondays to all faculty and staff.

Items can be submitted to the bulletin via email: Bulletin announcements (100 words or less) should be submitted by noon on Thursday before the following Monday's publishing date. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact UCM. We hope that you will find it helpful and informative. We look forward to continuing to improve how we share the great news of UWG with you.

Google Plus
University of West Georgia
View this email in your browser
You are receiving this email because of your relationship with University of West Georgia - Attn: UCM. Please reconfirm your interest in receiving emails from us. If you do not wish to receive any more emails, you can unsubscribe here.
This message was sent to by
1601 Maple Street Carrollton, GA 30118, Carrollton, GA, 30118

Unsubscribe from all mailings Unsubscribe | Manage Subscription | Forward Email | Report Abuse